Monday, September 6, 2010

Notebooks and Tools

My mother has decided that we need to all get up because she is sending us to Japanese school.  It is so annoying because this would be only the second class for me to attend this semester.  I tell her I can't understand what's going on in those classes.  They might as well be speaking French or Russian to me.  My mom just thinks I am being cute.  She ships us off.  My sister drives my brother and me to school.  We get there and I realize I don't even know what my class schedule is supposed to be.  I find a friend and we go to class and miraculously it seems familiar.  A friend shows me her notebook and I find a note written by me with a date in it.  I use that as a guide to help me find my course schedule in my BlackBerry.  But the class begins and I can't look anymore.  The teacher takes attendance but doesn't want the student to raise their own hand he wants people who have witnessed the person to do it.  He calls people out and my name too.  I relax a little realizing that I am in the right class.  I pull out the notebook I had packed and realize that there are no empty pages left. I pull out my pens and realize that they are all out of ink or broken.  
     The kid behind me leans over the back of my chair.  He gives me a dirty look. He breaths hard. He is trying to harass me. He is even wearing an insultingly Asian character t-shirt. He thinks he is being ironic but he is being offensive.  I tell him to fuck off.  He wants to bully me but I won't have it.  How old am I in this dream anyway?  Then he acts offended.  I think he is a fool that this disappointed because I wasn't the easy target he thought I was.  There is a quiet tension between us as he pushes on my chair and I push back even harder.  I am not afraid to get into "trouble."  I decide I can't stay in class.  The bell rings and everyone leaves and I realize that I am ditching the rest of this day. I'm too old for fucking school.

No comments:

Post a Comment