Monday, September 6, 2010

Coyotes and Corgis

I wake up and I see that it is 11:14 but I can't tell if that is AM or PM.  I turn the light on and look around the room.  There's a small coyote dog in my room.  It looks like a mix between a corgi and a coyote.  It looks like a wild dog with short legs and mange.  It bites into the knuckle of the middle finger on my right hand.  I grab its muzzle with my left hand and grab its jaw with the rest of my right hand and pull it off my knuckle.  I twist so that its jaw breaks.  Its face looks goofy and sort of pathetic.  It runs off.  I look at my hand and aside from a little tightness in the knuckle my hand is fine.  The thing didn't even break the skin.  I get up and look for some slippers but I realize that there are none that fit me.  I think about how I had allowed some guests to sleep over.  Perhaps it was the morning then since no one is sleeping over now.  I get out to the living room checking the hall bathroom to make sure that the thing hadn't run in there.  I see it walking around the living room.  There is sunlight and it looks like early morning.  I go to the front door and the coyote seems to know what I am doing.  I open the door and it just runs right outside.  My mother is there I guess she saw me let the coyote out.  I tell her that they are vermin.  And I tell her that I often find one or two of them in the house when I wake up in the middle of the night.  She asks me what I do when I find them.  So I tell her quite casually that I either kill them or break their jaw depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment